It is always wise to ensure your safety especially if you have some physical incapability. Using a stair lift, for example, requires much care to avoid further injury or harm to the user. Here are some things to avoid every time you use the stair lift.
- Do not allow liquids to spill on any important part of the stair lift.
This is to avoid any damage to the stair lift. This will also help in prolonging its life.
- Do not let children sit with you in the stair lift.
Stair lifts can only accommodate a single person. Avoid using it carrying children to avoid accident and overloading.
- Do not forget to buckle up.
Always make sure that the seat belt is fastened so that you can avoid falling off the carriage.
- Do not unlock the chair while you are going up or down.
Swivel carriages can only turn away from the stairway or the wall if it is unlocked. Be sure to check it carefully before going up or down.
- Do not flip up the foot rest.
While using the stair lift, do not fold up the foot rest. It supports the user’s feet and legs and protects him/her from injury in case the lift hit on anything on the stairway.
- Do not fold up arms during use of the lift.
Arms provide support to the user’s arm and trunk. They also secure the user should the lift abruptly stops or he/she loses his/her balance.
- Do not start the carriage if you are not yet seated properly.
Make sure that you are well-seated, comfortable and safe before pressing the power button. Ignoring your safety can put you into danger.
- Should there be any trouble while you are using the lift, do not alight from it readily.
If the lift stops in the middle of the stairway, never go down by yourself. Call somebody to assist you in alighting from it.
Following these simple reminders will help you stay safe while using your chair lift. It always pays to be on guard.…